Feb 18, 2020
I interview painter, Peter Keegan, who's passion for painting,
art and community are totally infectious and up lifting.
Peter is not only a fantastic painter, but also runs (with wife
Kim) the Courtyard Art Studio in Bucks.
We talk about Peter's road to where he is now. How he has carved
out his path as an artist, from a youngster who clearly had a
little something extra to internationally renowned tutor, sought
after portrait artist and art school owner.
We cover a lot in this episode:
- The passion for portraiture and painterly approach that is born
out of the challenge
- Building a thick skin as a working artist
- Looking back at pivotal moments in his career and the little
seeds that are slowly growing great oaks!
- Creating opportunities and grabbing them fully
- Working from life
- How style develops
- Turning comparison into a positive creative curiosity and how
to bring this into your own work
- Saying yes, working out how after
- Encouraging, supporting and teaching others, why its so
- Oil painting materials and process
- Running a creative business and the joy and freedom that can
- Now dwelling on the past and learning to keep moving
- The importance of art community and connecting with like minded
- Taking creative risks
You can find Peter at all the links below:
Find me at:
YouTube - TomShepherd Art