Mar 16, 2020
Part 1 of my interview with renowned painter Hash Akib.
Widely known for his bold brushstrokes, striking compositions and
wonderful use of colour and light, it was a real pleasure to sit
down and talk all things art.
Don't be fooled by Hash's down to earth and softly spoken
demeanour, he is full of passion for art, creativity and painting.
He has carved out a unique path driven by his love of art, as well
as at many points going with the path less travelled (hence "the
We get stuck into a wide range of topics, and Hash's approach
and perspective is enlightening and fascinating. Amongst many
things we discuss
- Hash's story and path to professional painter
- How he started painting with his immediate and fast
- Bold brushstrokes, strong colour
- His current business model and how it's evolved
- Finding confidence and a voice as an artist, and leaving other
peoples opinions at the studio door
- The role of social media vs real world
- Developing a style the joys and pitfalls.
- Staying engaged with your work and inspired to keep painting.
- Influence versus derivative
- Process of painting and creativity. Finding a clear message and
editing out the excess noise
You can find Hash at all the links below:
Painting Portraits in Acrylics
Find me at:
YouTube - TomShepherd Art