Jan 10, 2020
Great to get a very different perspective on the current art
market from successful Gallery Owner, Mark Hatwood
Mark owns a booming Art Business down in Cornwall, UK, in the
form of the Harbour Gallery. As well as other businesses British
Contemporary.Art and ArtRehome.com
This interview if full of fantastic advice for any artist
looking to sell work, especially online and through galleries.
In this episode, we cover:
- Mark's journey to gallery owner and approaches to success
- Social Media, website and selling online
- State & direction of growth of the current Art Market
- The importance of good working relationships &
- Why go with a gallery?
- What to expect from a good gallery
- As the artist, you're the one who gets to choose how you are
- Percentages - what & why?
- How to think about pricing
- Simple approaches of trust and respect, in all aspects of art
business and partnerships
Mark has a wonderful book out called "The Artist's Handbook"
Guide to Galleries and Digital Promotion, available on Amazon at
the link below.
Find Mark here:
The Harbour Gallery
Find me at:
YouTube - TomShepherd Art